2016 Embarks with 128 Million Cellular Consumers
PTA’s latest report for the month of January illustrate Pakistan’s over-all telecom consumers. Indicators for increase in Jan-16 are under observation according to the PTA’s statistics Pakistan telecom subscribers reached 128 Million Cellular Consumers.
- The number of mobile subscriber amplified 1.6% from 125.9 Million in December to 128 Million in the current month.
- The number of 3G & 4G mobile users stretched 24 million, and this increase in subscriber’s strength shows the good sign for 2016.
- The number of broadband connections increased 5.6 % to 27.8 million from 26.2 million, and this growth in connecting is also due to the rollout boosted networking settings.
- The mobile broadband subscription increased by 6.2 % to 24.7 million subscribers in Jan 2016; this rise also shows symbol of regaining.
- The cellular Teledensity reduced from79.8% in June 2014 to 64 %.In Jan-16, we can observe an increase of 1.3%.
Although the number of broadband subscribers are increasing with the passage of time.
Here is the chart of four (4) Pakistani 3G UMTS Operators.
Operator’s Stats and Market Shares:
According to PTA’s statistics, here are the details for 5 Pakistani 3G/4G operators. Namely Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink, Warid and Zong by Jan 2016.
- Mobilink: With 36.2 million at the end of Dec-15 Mobilink surpassed by 0.20 % and reached at 36.9 million at the end of Jan-16.
- Telenor: With 34.9 million at the end of Dec-15 Telenor surpassed by 0.13 % and reached at 35.3 million at the end of Jan-16.
- Zong: With 24.1 million at the end of Dec-15, Zong increased by 0.19 % and reached at 24.6 million at the end of Jan-16.
- Ufone: With 19.9 million at the end of Dec-15, Ufone increased by 0.16 % and reached at 20.2 million at the end of Jan-16.
- Warid: With 10.6 million at the end of Dec-15, Warid increased 0.09 % and reached at 10.7 million at the end of Jan-16.
Please keep visiting our website for updates on technology news.