Anusha Highlights the Cyber Governance Model
At the event of the inaugural Commonwealth Domain Name System Forum, Anusha Rahman Ahmad Kahn, Minster of State for Information Technology & Telecom, effectively highlighted the importance of multi-stakeholder approach to Internet Governance issues and the critical role of infrastructure. She mentioned the pivotal role the CTO could play in Cyber governance, how they have taken a leading role in this initiative and how their work is also being recognized on a global platform.
- The welcome address was given by Steve Crocker Chair of ICANN Board, Brian Cute Chief Executive Officer from PIR, and Baroness Fritchie Chair from Nominet.
- The opening speech was followed by a panel discussion on the Commonwealth Cyber governance Model.
- Following the panel discussion on the Cyber governance Model, Phillip Paulwell, informed delegates about some of the key initiatives Jamaica has currently implemented and the importance of infrastructure sharing and child online protection.
- Jimson Olufuye commented on the role that could be played by market forces in the evolution of the Cyberspace and how the private sector could promote innovation
- Finally Carlton Samuels spoke about multi-stakeholder partnerships that are needed to strengthen Cyber governance and the need for all stakeholders to work collaboratively to achieve the greatest results.
The event is being attended by around 200 participants from 35 countries, including ICT ministers and regulators, senior government advisors, diplomats, industry leaders, security experts, academia and civil society.