Apple executive Phil Schiller unveils new versions of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus at the Apple event in San Francisco, California. He also unveils iPad Pro with a stylus called Apple Pencil.
Apple Launches iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
The new smartphones iPhone 6S and 6S Plus have the same overall dimensions of the last version. chief executive Tim Cook said at the San Francisco media event.[pull_quote_center]“They look familiar, but we have changed everything about these iPhones,”[/pull_quote_center]
These phones contain a key feature called “3D touch” which responds to pressure exerted on the screen to allow users to “peek” or have a quick look inside messages and applications.
- The new iPhones will use the upcoming iOS 9 operating system.
- 6S will include the 4.7-inch (about 12-centimeter) display.
- 6S Plus has 5.5-inch screen
- Both devices have powerful processor and a new aluminum body.
Mr. Schiller said about this large-screen tablet that it has the power and capabilities to replace a laptop computer. In the event they also launch Apple Watch and Apple TV with new upgrades, while older models of devices saw price drops.
Chief executive Tim Cook, speaking at a San Francisco media event, called the device:[pull_quote_center] “the biggest news in iPad since the iPad.”[/pull_quote_center]
- The new iPad will be available in November starting at $799, with a keyboard option at $169.
- Display: 9-inch (32.7-centimeter) display.
- Resolution: 2732×2048
- Thickness: the tablet is 6.9mm
- Weight: it has 57lb weight
- Processor: A9X chip from Apple
- Battery Life: 10 hrs
- It includes a detachable keyboard.
- The iPad Pro also includes a stylus called Apple Pencil.
- It also includes a “forcetouch” screen which responds to the amount of pressure applied.
Apple senior vice president Phil Schiller of the device said:[pull_quote_center]The device features “desktop-class performance” and operates faster than 80 per cent of portable PCs that shipped in the last 12 months. It is thin and light enough to work all day and be taken everywhere,[/pull_quote_center]
Cook said regarding the iPad.[pull_quote_center]The iPad is the clearest expression of our vision of the future of personal computing. In just five years, iPad has transformed the way we create, the way we learn and the way we work.[/pull_quote_center]