Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1 Software Update
Apple has released Version 6.0.1; this free update fixes a handful of bugs, including one that Apple says kept iPhone 5 users from installing over-the-air software updates.
[info]Highlights of iOS 6.0.1 Software Update[/info]
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
[list style=”list11″ color=”blue”]
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
Apple is said to be working on a larger-scale update of iOS 6, which should arrive sometime after the holiday season.
For information on the security content of this update, please CLICK HERE