Two years ago, Apple introduced a new coding programming language, Swift, for a new generation of developers. Recently, Apple introduced an app that will helps kids to learns coding in an easy way. Apple Swift Playground App Teaches Kids to Code. The Playgrounds app teaches basic programming concepts like loops and conditionals. According to Apple CEO Tim Cook:
“It is a powerful new way for kids to learn to code”
Apple Swift Playground App Teaches Kids to Code
Swift Playground App uses an animated character to make learning fun and easy. The animated character tasked with performing simple challenges in a digital maze. It also offers suggested language for code. The app is free for users.
“I wish Swift Playgrounds was around when I was first learning to code,”
said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering.
“Swift Playgrounds is the only app of its kind that is both easy enough for students and beginners, yet powerful enough to write real code. It’s an innovative way to bring real coding concepts to life and empower the next generation with the skills they need to express their creativity.”
What Students can Learn Through this App:
- Students and developers can modify and build on this code
- They can add graphics and touch interactions.
- They can create a virtually unlimited variety of interactive programs using Swift and the iOS frameworks.
- The app allow them to create empty playground documents or start from one of the built-in templates
- Using Swift code, projects can be exported directly to Xcode to create programs for iOS and macOS.