Cellular Subscribers reached 132 Million
The competition between the telecom operators in Pakistan is increasing by offering fancy packages to attract the consumers. PTA latest indicators report shows approx. 9.3% increase in cellular subscribers at the end of April-16 that is a good subscriber’s growth for the telecom sector. As always, Mobilink remains at the top among all the other operators while Telenor at second best with Zong at third and Ufone at fourth in 3G services.
- The annual telecom subscribers increases from 131 Million in March-16 to 132 Million in April-16. The increase rate between the two months is 0.9%.The current month increase rate is 0.83 % greater than the previous month.
- The number of 3G/4G mobile users reached 28 Million.
- During the SIM verification process in 2014, cellular teledensity decreased from 76% to 60% but now again it is near to approach same teledensity that was in the June-2013.In the current month it reached 69% that is sound increase with the passage of time.
Here is the graphical representation of total number of subscribers and the increase in the month of April-16.
Here is the chart of four (4) Pakistani 3G UMTS Operators.
Operator’s Stats and Market Shares:
According to PTA’s statistics, here are the details for 5 Pakistani 3G/4G operators namely Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink,Warid and Zong by April-2016.
- Mobilink: With 38.1 million at the end of March-16 Mobilink surpassed by 1.1% and reached at 38.5 million at the end of April-16.
- Telenor: With 36.7 million at the end of March-16 Telenor surpassed by 1.7 % and reached at 37.4 million at the end of April-16.
- Zong: With 24.6 million at the end of March-16, Zong increased by by 0.93 % and reached at 24.9 million at the end of April-16.
- Ufone: With 20.8 million at the end of March-16, Ufone decreased by 0.4 % and reached at 20.7 million at the end of April-16.
- Warid: With 11.0 million at the end of March-16, Warid increased 0.4 % and reached at 11.0 million at the end of April-16.There is no big change in subscribers for Warid.
Please keep visiting our website for updates on technology news.