Chevy has already confirmed that the price of the 2021 Corvette would be the same as the 2020 model, and now General Motors have shared more information on the car’s updates for its second model year. The 2021 new model will give the glance in two new colors with high-end features, and with slightly different options.
Chevrolet’s 2021 Corvette Features Revealed
GM said, “Our mission was to develop a new sports car, combining the successful attributes of Corvette with the performance and driving experience of mid-engine supercars,” said Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer. “We are thrilled with the enthusiasm the mid-engine Corvette brought following its launch and are keeping it fresh with new content for the 2021 model.”
2021 Corvette Features:
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension, which is new for non-Z51 models.
- Standard wireless Apple CarPlay/wireless Android auto
- Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat exterior color
- Silver Flare Metallic exterior color
- Sky Cool Gray/Yellow Strike interior color
- New full-length dual racing stripe package colors: blue, orange, red and yellow
- Stinger Stripes in three colors: Carbon Flash/Edge Red, Carbon Flash/Edge Yellow and Carbon Flash/Midnight Silver
- Driver mode on-screen visualization and new track digital tachometer
- Standard Buckle To Drive, a safety technology that, when active, can prevent the driver from shifting the vehicle out of park if the driver’s seat belt is not buckled for up to 20 seconds
- Engine: 6.2-liter LT2 V-8 with direct injection, variable valve timing and active fuel management
- Transmission: eight-speed dual-clutch with manual and automatic modes
- Six modes of Driver Mode Selector — Tour, Sport, Track, Weather, and MyMode and Z Mode customizable modes
- Brakes: four-wheel antilock, four-wheel disc, four-piston calipers (12.6-inch front rotors, 13.3-inch rear rotors)
- NEW: Available Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension. It reads the road better, providing more precise data.
- Available Z51 Performance Package: brakes, suspension, exhaust among other features
- Z51 Performance with Magnetic Selective Ride Control, includes Performance Traction Management
- Front lift: adjustable height with memory
Source: Chevrolet Page
Recommended Reading: Mercedes’ New Touchscreen to Kill 27 Physical Buttons