“Collaborative Regulations Need of the Hour for Sustainable Development” said Chairman PTA, Dr. Ismail Shah during “SAMENA Telecommunications Council’s Telecom Leaders’ Summit” yesterday.
SAMENA Telecommunications Council’s Telecom Leaders’ Summit is a collaborative, workshop and communication-centric industry-wide experience, created for and annually offered to the Leaders of the Public Sector and the Private Sector of South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe and beyond.
It is indeed a proud moment that Dr. Ismail while representing Pakistan was the speaker at this Summit’s Panel-II that was focused on “Building a digital ecosystem supported by a sustainable, progressive industry environment.”
Governments across the globe are focused on developing regulatory for sustainable development goals. Sustainable development is the organizing principle for meeting human development goals while at the same time sustaining the ability of natural systems to provide the natural resources and ecosystem services upon which the economy and society depends.
Here is an image from the Summit:
Other renowned speakers at the panel were:
Dr. Robert Pepper, Head of Global Connectivity & Technology Policy Facebook
- Nassser Bin Mohamed Al Khalifa, Deputy General Director TRA Bahrain
- Karran Ponnudurai, Chief Digital Officer Batelco Group
- Noel Kirkaldy
- Business Development, Public Sector, Advanced Network Solutions Nokia
SAMENA Council’s Leaders’ Summit is the congregation of Chairmen and Chief Executives of leading communications service providers, Heads of regulatory authorities, Ministers, Influencers, and Professionals that are driving digital development both regionally and internationally. The mission of the Leaders’ Summit meets fulfillment by:
- Enabling the framing of practicable strategies, to help reap maximum, long-term socio-economic benefit through a well-defined digital agenda and adoption of national and sector-specific digitization policies
- Fostering thought-leadership that can drive progress of telecom sector governance and regulation in the region to support the evolving scope, dynamics, and needs of the telecommunications industry, while ensuring its path to growth and sustainability
- Supporting the creation of a business-conducive environment for telecom operators to invest in next-generation digital communications infrastructure, and to formulate business models
- Achieving clarity on evolving imperatives in stakeholder cooperation, for fostering collaboration between telecom operators, regulatory authorities, policy-makers, and other industry stakeholders, with the ultimate objective to enhance progress in digital development and create business efficiencies and value-creation