Since you all may know that the new iPhone X model does not have any Home Button. However, now we have a new side button that has some really heavy lifting work to do for the users. So the side button of iPhone X is not only responsible for the usual tasks such as waking/sleeping of the device, but now will also be responsible for everything that the Home Button used to do.
We know it’s quite a lot of work for a single button, but we have figured everything for the users of iPhone X. To keep it as less complicated as we can, we have jotted down a list of duties and tasks this side home button can perform. You can use this cheat sheet for the side button of iPhone X.
We understand that the new changes in the functionality and design might have caused you trouble. Nevertheless, to save you from the hassle we made this little cheat sheet that can potentially help you in performing different commands.
Side Button of iPhone X – Cheat sheet revealed
Let’s discuss briefly about each cheat code and step that you can follow to streamline your tasks.
- Lock or wake the phone: Click the side button of iPhone X to either lock or wake the phone.
- Snooze the alarm: Click the side button of iPhone X once or alternatively click the volume up or down button.
- Open Wallet or Apply Pay: You can double-click the side button. However, make sure that you have already associated a credit or debit card with it.
- Main Accessibility Features: You can triple tap the side button to access the accessibility features – Assistive Touch, Magnifier and Guided Access. You can also make a customized set/shortcut of accessibility features. So when you will triple-tap the side button it will open your set accessibility features.
- Activation of SOS Emergency Service instantly: Click the side button of iPhone X 5 times in a row, this will set a call to your SOS Emergency Service number. You can also deactivate this service from the phone’s main settings panel.
- Activate Siri: Press and hold the side button for at least 5 – 8 seconds to activate siri on your iPhone X.
- Power off the phone: Press the side button for long – at least for 8 seconds to turn off the phone. Alternatively, you can also hold volume up and down button simultaneously until you see the “slide to power off” option on the screen.
- Force Restart: First press the volume up button, them while holding it press the volume down button and then firmly press and hold the side button to force start the iPhone X.
- Disable 3D Face Recognition ID feature: In the lock screen mode, press the side button along with Volume up or down button to disable this feature.
- Take instant screenshots: Click the side button and the volume up button simultaneously in a quick manner to get a screenshot.
We hope that this cheat sheet helps you in performing tasks quickly buy sing the side button of iPhone X. If you have any other cheats or hacks then do share with us.