As per directives issued by Federal Government regarding extension in the timeline for registration of mobile devices under Pakistan Telecommunication Authority’s Device Identification Registration Blocking System (DIRBS), all mobile devices which are already activated on cellular mobile networks within Pakistan by 15th January 2019 shall remain operational without service disruption. Even non-compliant devices in operation prior to this date will be tied to these numbers and will remain operational till the useful life of the device.
Extension in DIRBS Deadline
PTA developed/established Device Identification Registration & Blocking System (DIRBS), in line with Telecom policy 2015, issued by Ministry of Information Technology & Telecom, section 9.6 with the aim to curtail the counterfeit mobile phone usage, discourage mobile phones theft and protect consumer interest.
All Pakistani mobile device users wishing to know the status of a device can send each 15 digit IMEI number via SMS to 8484. The status of the mobile device can also be checked via PTA website link www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk or by downloading DIRBS android mobile application.
For further details: visit the PTA website (https://www.pta.gov.pk).
If you want to know more about mobile devices registrations and blocking in Pakistan, these guides might be useful to you.
- 8484 SMS Responses Explained!
- A Basic Guide for International Passengers Carrying Mobile Phones to Pakistan
- How to Verify the Status of Your Mobile Phone’s IMEI via SMS or APP?
- How to Bring Phone in Pakistan without Paying Tax?
- Overseas Pakistanis Can Bring only One Phone Free of Duty in a Year
- How to Check for an Invalid IMEI When Buying a Used Phone?
- How to Save Your Phone From PTA Blockage?!