Facebook is the most widely used social networking app. Facebook and Messenger apps have billions of monthly active users and both are trying hard to improve day by day. To make it’s app more rich featured, Facebook and Messenger will Stop Working on some devices. Facebook has announced in a blog release that it will stop working on some older versions of Android and iOS.
Facebook and Messenger will Stop Working on these Devices
The social media app, Facebook, said in a blog post:
We will be ending support for messaging in some older mobile app versions of Messenger and Facebook. We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite. If your devices do not support the newest versions of Facebook, we recommend going to Facebook.com through your mobile browser.
Here are older mobile app versions which will end support for Facebook and Messenger:
- Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015, and below.
- Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
- Facebook for iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
- Messenger v8, released on July 14, 2014, and below.
- Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
- Facebook for Windows Phone.
- Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
- Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app
But there is no need to worry, as Facebook has also provided an option for those devices ending support for Facebook and Messenger.
- For People using Android versions older than 2.3 (Gingerbread), use facebook.com through their mobile browser
- For People using Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread) can use Messenger Lite or Facebook Lite.
- People using Android version 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above can update to the latest app version.
- For people using iOS can also update their Facebook & Messenger.
- For Windows phone, update Facebook, Messenger, and Facebook for Windows Desktop App.