As every social media is in a race to beat each other. We almost everyday come to know about the launch of latest features in their apps. Now Facebook Launches AI Assistant “M”. It will Offer Chat Suggestions in messenger. No doubt, it is a good step taken by Facebook. Since 2015, Facebook was working on its AI assistant. Now Facebook has officially announced it. However, all of its functionalities have not been finalized yet.
Facebook Launches AI Assistant “M”, will Offer Chat Suggestions
Facebook AI assistant, M uses machine learning techniques to offer suggestions in conversations. Here is the current list of actions that M can perform, it includes:
- Sending stickers: M can offer sticker suggestions when you type things like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye.”
- Paying or requesting money: M identifies when people are discussing payments and gives them the option to send or request money.
- Location sharing: M can suggest sharing your location during a conversation.
- Making plans: M can help coordinate plans by creating location details and reminders of certain events.
- Polls (in group conversations only): M allows you to start a poll in group conversations. This feature is only available for group conversation.
- Getting a ride: M shares options for Lyft and Uber when you discuss going somewhere.
Unlike Google Assistant, it will pop up in conversions, if you discuss anything about mentioned above. For some users, it may be a disturbance. So, if any user wants to stop these pop ups, he/she can switch off its Assistant from settings. Here is what Facebook announced about the working of this Assistant.
Currently, this feature is rolling out in US. But according to Facebook, it will soon be available in other countries as well.