Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, has announced its third quarterly earnings of Facebook and its related social network platforms of 2015. He thanked the Facebook users for being a part of it and for helping to connect the world.
Facebook Proudly Announced its 3rd Quarter Report of 2015
Monthly active users, or MAUs, rose 14 percent from the previous year to 1.55 billion, as of Sept. 30. Mobile MAUs came in at 1.39 billion, and both narrowly beat analysts’ expectations.
Daily active users also climbed 17 percent to 1.01 billion, beating the Street’s expectation of 992 million. Nearly 900 million mobile users were active daily.
Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg said in a facebook status:
Our community now has more than 1.55 billion people, including more than 1 billion people active every day. Through Internet.org, more than 15 million people now have access to the opportunities of the Internet who didn’t before.
According to the report:
- 1+ Billion people are active on Facebook each day.
- 15+ Million people have access through org
- 925+ Million people using groups on Facebook.
- 8+ Billion people view videos daily
- 45+ Million people doing their small business through Facebook Pages.
Advertising revenue jumped 45 percent from the prior year to $4.3 billion. Mobile ad sales accounted for 78 percent of that, up from 66 percent in the prior year.
Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at Facebook said:
“We think we have the best mobile ad product in the market. We’re able to target, we’re able to measure. We have broad scale,”
The report also stated that facebook has greater number of users each month as compared to WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger.
- 1.55 Billion people on Facebook each month
- 900 Million people on WhatsApp each month
- 700 Million people on Messenger each month
- 400 Million people on Instagram each month