Facebook always introduces exciting features for its users. This time Facebook introduces 6 new features that one must know. As it is difficult to remember all new changes take place in social media. So we are revisiting the best things to come from Facebook recently, in case you missed any of them.
So Here are the Facebook’s 6 New Exciting Features that You Should Know
Customize What You See in News Feed
If you don’t want to miss any post of your special friends then u can give priority to your special friends by using this feature. More what you can do with this feature is
- Prioritize your friends so the important people show up first. Just tap to star your favorite friends, Facebook will make sure their posts pop up first.
- Un-follow contacts in bulk, so that you still appear as friends without seeing their posts in your timeline. It’s on the best ways to clean up your news feed.
- Reconnect with people you un-followed, just in case you made a mistake.
- Follow brands and pages in bulk
Create a Private, Controlled Scrapbook of Your Child’s Photos
This feature will allow the parents to create the scrapbook of their child’s photos. They also have control over who can see the photos.
- Any adult and their partner can set up a digital scrapbook for their child by going to About > Family and Relationships > Create a Scrapbook.
- Only the two partners can control the scrapbook, and only the two partners can tag the child in a photo.
- Choose a tag for your child, like his/her name, nick name, or whatever. Any photo where either partner uses that tag will automatically be added to the scrapbook.
- The partners can customize the privacy settings for each photo, and will get a notification if a picture has been set to “Public” or not.
Facebook Messenger Goes Independent, Gets Video Calls
Facebook Messenger is a big part of the Facebook experience and now facebook has added some interesting features into it.
- Surprisingly, you can sign up for Messenger without a Facebook account. You’ll need to do this through the mobile app though.
- You can make video calls through Messenger, making it one of the best free alternatives to Skype, since most of the people you know probably have a Facebook account already.
- it is now a standalone Facebook Messenger web app, with all the features you would get otherwise, including video calling. Basically, again, you don’t need Facebook to use Messenger
Add a Legacy Contact to Handle Your Account after Your Death
Suppose if you die, what will happen to your facebook account? With your messages, photos or data? Who will handle it? Facebook has the solution of all these problems with its new Feature Legacy Contact. You can Add a Legacy Contact who will handle your account after your death. This Legacy contact can be any of your Facebook Friend
- Your Legacy Contact will be given the ability to write a post at the top of your timeline, respond to friend requests, and change the profile and cover photos. He will not be able to see your messages.
- Your Legacy Contact cannot impersonate you. They can talk on your account, but only as themselves, not as you.
- You can also choose to not add a Legacy Contact and instead delete your account on your death
Look Through Your FB History with On This Day
‘On This Day’ is a new feature through which you can see the history of your life. This feature will allow you to jump back in time to see what was happening in your life on any given day. So, switch on the notifications for “OnThisDay”, so that whenever there’s a historical event, it will either show up in your News Feed or Facebook will alert you about that event.
Chop the Fat with Facebook Lite For Android Only
Facebook introduces a new App Facebook Lite for Android phones. It is perfect for phones with low disk space. In fact, it also runs faster on phones with older hardware. And it also includes Messenger, so you don’t need a separate app to chat with your friends
Here is the Video through Which You Can Learn How to Use these Features: