PhoneWorld Team attends the ‘First Consumers IT and Telecom Conference’ in Islamabad
Anusha Rahman to introduce IT policy by June, 2014
PhoneWorld Team attends the ‘First Consumers IT and Telecom Conference’ organized by Consumers Association of Pakistan (CAP). In the conference, the state Minister for Information Technology and Telecom Anusha Rehman said that the draft Information Technology Policy would be ready for implementation from June, 2014.
Anusha Rahman said:
The policy will be introduced to ensure the maximum protection to masses from the widespread cyber-crimes including financial scams, fraudulent online activities and women harassment. The protection of the interests of consumers is topmost priority of the government.
Other prominent participants of the conference:
- Federal IT and Telecommunication Secretary Akhlaq Ahmed Tarar
- Pakistan Telecom Authority (PTA) Chairman Dr Ismail Shah
- CAP Chairman Kaukab Iqbal
- Competition Commission of Pakistan Chairman Dr Joseph Wilson
- Universal Services Fund CEO Faisal Sattar
- First Global Data Pakistan CEO and Country Manager Khalid Mahmood
- One Apple Pakistan Regional Head Asia Pacific Syed Tahir Rizvi
- China Mobile Pakistan CEO Fan Yun Jun
- Tech access Pakistan President and Chief Executive Syed Iqtedar Zaidi
- Soft World International General Manager Karim Peerani
- Bushra Khan, Fayaz Ahmad and Hunain Zahid Kiyani from PhoneWorld Magazine (A product of CACF)
Ministry will extend all kinds of cooperation with the Consumers Association of Pakistan (CAP) and Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in protecting the rights of consumers.
Anusha Rahman was highly concerned about the transperency in procedures and she said that the draft of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Bill has been prepared. It would be presented in the Parliament after endorsement of the federal cabinet. Yet another bill was in pipelines to check cyber stalking especially in social media.
Hunain Zahid Kiyani & Fayaz Khan (PhoneWorld)