Flashback of GITEX Technology Week 2012
The GITEX exhibition is one of the largest trade events on Dubai’s calendar. The event is a gateway for global brands to access the Middle East, the fastest emerging and investment ready ICT market.
GITEX is the most lucrative week of the year for the technology industry. A wide range of high-profile launches and tech news announcements have taken place at GITEX Technology Week 2012. It was held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre in the United Arab Emirates between 14th – 18th October.[blockquote cite=”Trixee Loh, Senior Vice President at Dubai World Trade Centre
(DWTC, organizer)”] This year has been hugely encouraging in terms of the sheer volume of deals, previews, partnerships and announcements. We continue to build on our reputation as a go-to destination for global brands to unveil their latest, cutting edge technologies, not only to the region but also the world at large.
The services and products showcased at the pavilion attracted masses of visitors and participants and more than 138,000 visitors to Gitex had a seamless high-tech Gitex experience this year. People who visit GITEX are able to identify and have learned about new products and solutions, understand the effects of consumer trends, realize how cutting edge technology can assist their businesses, network and build new contacts and peers and of course, observe the competition.[info]
Some Highlights of GITEX Technology Week 2012 are:[/info] [list style=”list5″ color=”blue”]
- Microsoft was a hot topic for discussion with the preview of its Windows 8 operating system.
- Google Apps will help Ajman Free Zone streamline internal and external communication, will raise security standards, and will help achieve savings on IT infrastructure costs.
- Hip Hop Megastar and Entrepreneur 50 Cent announced his partnership with UAE-based Shift to distribute his SMS Audio Headphones across the region.
- News announcements also included the exclusive launch of the Huawei Ascend P1 LTE, the first Huawei 4G device in the world.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) revealed their partnership with Ericsson and Wikipedia.
- ZTE also uncover its latest range of devices, including its full range of Grand series handsets, which includes one of the thinnest LTE devices on the market.
- Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) launched UAEpedia, the first comprehensive online encyclopaedia about the UAE.
- Partnership between Mobile Doctors and US networking company Cisco was one of the standout demonstrations. Using Cisco TelePresence technology to deliver round-the-clock medical expertise to customers.
- UAE-based multinational Satellite Services Provider Thuraya launched its XT-Hotspot, the only Wi-Fi router on the market offering a plug and play solution enabling easy and affordable internet access with the fastest satellite data speeds of up to 60 kbps in the most remote areas.
- The transport sector was particularly active throughout the week, announcing a series of eye-catching technological overhauls. A range of PCs, LCDs, projectors and many more were also displayed at GITEX.
Within the GITEX Dubai exhibition there are several different dedicated sectors; business solutions, cloud confex, GITEX card technology, consumer technology, GULFCOMMS, global conferences, [email protected] and mobiles, apps and content world.
[note title=”About GITEX Technology Week:”] Website: www.gitex.com Launched in 1981, GITEX is the ICT business gateway to the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia Region. Focused on providing exhibitors with high ROI through direct business opportunities with decision makers, GITEX has maintained its position as the industry’s trend setting authority. For more information, visit www.gitex.comAbout Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC)Website: www.dwtc.comAs the organiser of GITEX Technology Week, Dubai World Trade Centre offers more than 32 years’ experience of delivering world-class events in the Middle East, providing local, regional and international exhibitors with unmatched expertise and in-depth market knowledge.Our team organises 18 of the largest and most successful international and regional shows in Middle East, providing an ideal platform for business development in the region. Our commitment to ongoing innovation within the exhibition industry has supported the rapid growth and development of a wide range of business-to-business and business-to-consumer shows, and delivered consistent satisfaction to exhibitors and visitors.