Google has announced its new operating system Android Oreo back in August. up till now Google is continuously improving its operating system. Now Google Announces Android Oreo Update with Improved Security Features.
Google has already added Verified Boot in Android, which is designed to prevent devices from booting up with software that has been tampered with. In latest Android Oreo update, Google has also added a reference implementation for Verified Boot running with Project Treble, called Android Verified Boot 2.0 (AVB). AVB has a some new features to make updates easier and more secure, such as a common footer format and rollback protection.
Google Announces Android Oreo Update with Improved Security Features
According to Google Post:
Rollback protection is designed to prevent a device to boot if downgraded to an older OS version, which could be vulnerable to an exploit. To do this, the devices save the OS version using either special hardware or by having the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) sign the data. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with this protection and we recommend all device manufacturers add this feature to their new devices.
Here are some other prominent features of Android O:
- Notification Shade: In Android O, there is a little re-ordering of the toggles. Moreover, it also takes up a little more space on-screen.
- Notification Handling: As for notification handling, the new software has come with some advancement. If you long press on a notification you’ll see a toggle for Notifications.
- Quick Setting: New version of Android provides better quick setting. When you open up the Quick Settings screen, you’ll see we still have different color schemes for the Pixels compared to Nexus devices.
- App Badges: Android O provides native support for app badges. With this feature, app icon will show you your unread notification count etc
- keyboard Navigation: This feature will allow you to get a better operating system support if they ever want to use keyboard based arrow and tab navigation capabilities.
- Picture in Picture Display: The new Android O features picture in picture display. Now the users can get the multiple window in a screen. Moreover, users will watch the video in picture in picture display.