Google launches a Hands-Free Payment Method to make mobile payments without even having to reach for your phone. “Hands Free” runs on Android 4.2 and up or any iOS device from the iPhone 4S going forward. Now Pay your bills without any worry with Google Hands-Free App.
Google Launches Hands Free Payment Method
Here is a short video regarding this App.
Google writes on its commerce blog:
“Imagine if you could rush through a drive-thru without reaching for your wallet, or pick up a hot dog at the ballpark without fumbling to pass coins or your credit card to the cashier. This prompted us to build a pilot app called Hands Free that we’re now in the early stages of testing. It lets you pay in stores quickly, easily, and completely hands-free.”
How it Works:
- First, users must download a corresponding iOS or Android app
- Enter in their initials,
- Choose a payment method (both debit and credit are supported)
- Upload a photo of themselves.
- The app relies upon Bluetooth LE and WiFi to gauge when a particular customer is near a checkout kiosk.
- When a customer approaches the checkout counter, the app sends over the individual’s photo and initials to the point of sale system.
- If said customer indicates that they’d like to pay with Google, the cashier simply asks for the customer’s initials and verifies that the photos match up.
- In some stores, according to Google, users won’t even need to provide their initials