Google Maps App Returns to iOS
Apple removed the pre-installed Google Maps from its mobile operating system, but after a long wait Google released its Google Map, a standalone app.[blockquote cite=”Google”] Get comprehensive, accurate, and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View, and more
[/blockquote] [blockquote align=”right”] Google Map app is now available in the App Store and will work with devices running iOS 5.1 and higher.
[info]It Features:[/info] [list style=”list1″ color=”blue”]
- A beta version of turn-by-turn navigation
- A menu in to bottom right corner that provides links to traffic
- The popular Street View is back
- It includes public transit, satellite photos, and Google Earth.
- Users can also share a location via text message or email.
- Users have option to sign in with their Google account.
- The app incorporates Google Instant, so Google will guess the location, store, or restaurant.
- Users can also swipe up for more information, photos, and reviews from the Google-owned Zagat.
People using iOS 6 had problems with Apple’s mapping, because it was often inaccurate and buggy. Google Maps for iOS looks similar to the iOS app long-time users will remember, with an interface that appears more android than iOS.