Google Used Snapchat Lens and Filter in its Pixel 2 Advertisement. The company has officially announced Pixel 2 and puts enough efforts in the advertisement of the handset.
Snapchat and Google and has collaborated with each other once again and showed their love for each other by introducing snap-chat lens and filter in Pixel 2.
Google Used Snapchat Lens and Filter in its Pixel 2 Advertisement
The first is a very simple filter featuring “New News” blurb of text. This filter could be used when snapping a photo or video on Pixel 2.
The second one is a lens that fix the user’s face or someone else’s face onto a dancing background. The image of a person holds the white and black panda variant in Google Pixel 2.
This is not the first time that Google used Snapchat to advertise some of their services and products. Snapchat is also teaming up with Google’s Made With Code initiative to encourage youngsters espacially teenagers to get into computer Science.
Insiders said that Google was also interested in buying Snap. In year 2016 Google floated an offer of approximately $30 billion to buy Snap. Still it’s unclear but Google and Snap have long been close.
Specs of Google Pixel 2:
- Android version: Android 8.0 Oreo w/ Google UI
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- Screen size: 5-inch AMOLED
- PPI: 441 ppi
- Primary camera: 12.2MP, f/1.8, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, EIS, PDAF, LDAF
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.4, 1.4μm pixels, fixed focus
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- RAM: 4GB
- Battery: 2,700mAh (nonremovable)
- Dimensions: 145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm
- Other features: IP67 water and dust resistant, rear-facing fingerprint sensor, dual front-facing speakers, Bluetooth 5.0, Hi-Fi codecs, USB-PD, 18W rapid Charging
The most interesting giveaway is G logo image, that can be applied as a part of the filter. The G image has largely come to be understood as part of the design of the new Pixel Launcher.
It is expecting that addition of Snapchat lens and filters to the Pixel 2 will let the users to enjoy it.