If you want to use the text messaging app-WhatsApp, then it becomes mandatory to register your phone number. However, some people are not comfortable to share their number, especially those who are more concerned about privacy. You have to add your phone number in order to start the service and this contact number is visible to everyone that is added in your contact list.
WhatsApp requires a valid number in order to start services and there is no way to hide your phone number. However, it’s not like that there is no way that you can’t hide your current number from your contacts. An outstanding trick can help you out to hide your current phone number on WhatsApp.
Hide Your Number on WhatsApp
Here is how to hide your current phone number? You have to get an alternate phone number. Usually, WhatsApp informs all your contacts when you change your number but via this trick, you will be able to hide your phone number from your contacts. You only need to follow the following steps.
Here are the steps to use WhatsApp without showing your current phone number to your contacts:
- Get a new phone number which you want to keep private.
- uninstall WhatsApp from your phone.
- Remove the old SIM from your phone and put it in some other phone in order to receive SMS.
- Now insert your new SIM in the phone.
- Re-install WhatsApp and start the process of the registration.
- The WhatsApp will ask you to enter a valid phone number. So here enter your old number rather than entering the new one.
- WhatsApp will send an OTP on your old SIM card. Use that OTP to verify. Now you will be able to use WhatsApp with your old phone number. So your new phone number will be hidden from all your contacts.