As recently WhatsApp has introduced its most awaiting feature that is deleting awkward messages. With this feature, WhatsApp users can delete messages that are accidentally sent. But there is a limitation, that is people can only delete messages with in seven minutes. But what then if your message is more than 7 minutes old? However, there is a bug in WhatsApp that allow people to delete their week old messages. Here is How to Delete WhatsApp Messages that are up to a Week Old.
How to Delete WhatsApp Messages that are up to a Week Old
Thanks to Android Jefe, who first attempt this method and successfully delete a week old messages. Here is a step by step procedure, following this you can delete week old messages on WhatsApp.
- First of all disable both Wi-Fi and mobile data, whatever you are using.
- Then navigate to the Apps selection and select WhatsApp.
- Tap on it and then Force Stop.
- Next, move to the Date & time option and set the date so it matches the day you sent the message you want to delete.
- Once you set the date and time, Reopen WhatsApp and find the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on it and then choose Delete > Delete for Everyone.
- Switch your Wi-Fi and mobile data back on, revert the date and your message should still be replaced with a placeholder message that reads: “This message was deleted.”
It is a quite easy process to delete old message. However, you can’t delete more than one week old messages using this method. For such messages, WhatsApp shows the message to select correct date. Anyways, you can delete week old messages using this approach very easily.
Do let us know whether this method was helpful for you or not.
For More Details Also Read: WhatsApp lets You Delete Your Embarrassing Texts within 7 Minutes