In this era when your mobile phone is your personal secretary having all details of your personal profiles, email addresses and many more. In this situation what you will do if your phone lost? No one think of loosing his/her phone containing personal information. In this article i will tell you How to find your lost Android phone?
How to find your lost Android phone?
First of all you have to follow these precautionary measures which will help you to fine your phone if lost. One important thing is that your phone must have a internet connection.
In latest Android phones, the Device Manager is already present in your Settings app. This service has essentially amalgamated with Google to make finding your phone easier. You just only have to do following things
- Open Settings.
- Now Tap Security.
- Tap Device Administration.
- Tap Android Device Manager. Then press on Active button to activate it.
- Now Tap the back button twice to return to the main Settings menu.
- Then Tap Location in the main Settings menu.
- Tap the switch beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
- Then Tap Mode.
- Tap High accuracy so the circle is filled in.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner.
- Now Tap Google Location History.
- Tap the Google Location History so that it turns on.
If you follow all these steps, it will become more easier to find your phone. If unfortunately your phone gets lost you can follow these steps to find it. But earlier you must have to follow all the steps mentioned above.
- Launch a web browser from a phone, tablet, or computer and open Google.
- Type find my phone android in the Google search bar.
- Tap on Android Device Manager (usually the first option in the search).
- Enter your email address and password just as though you were checking your email.
- When your phone is located, you will get three options: Ring, Lock and Erase.
You May Choose Ring, Lock or Erase depending upon the Situation.
- You can Ring your phone so that it makes noise (even if you had it on silent). This feature is helpful if the map indicates that the phone is near and you simply can’t see it.
- Second Option is “Lock“. You can Lock your phone so that the finder can’t access your home screen.
- Third option is “Erase“. You can Erase your phone. This is the best option if you know that you aren’t likely to retrieve your phone.
I hope this article will help you to make your phone secure. If unfortunately your phone gets lost, you can find your phone easily. Best of Luck.