Internet is an immeasurable place for kids when it comes to educational games, poem and etc. However with every good technology, there comes some security hazard. With the blooming trend of internet, our kids are not safer anymore. Previously all we fear was not sending kids out alone, but now our kids are prone to serious security dangers, thanks to online platforms and smartphones. After several complaints of parents about video steaming app YouTube, YouTube kids app came into existence.
YouTube Kids App- A Security Danger to Children?
However, still, parents were not happy about it and found some major security flaws. It was also found that YouTube was collecting data from kids without even taking permission from parents. Moreover, several suicide tips were also spotted on the same app for kids.
In such circumstance, you have to make this platform favourable and secure for your kids. All you need to do is read this blog and follow the steps mentioned below.
How to keep children safe on YouTube Kids
Now when you have decided to give access to your kids on the kid’s version of YouTube, you need to make this platform safer than before. In order to make it safer, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all download the YouTube Kids App from Google Play Store or iOS store
- Now open the app
- Click on the lock icon placed on the bottom right corner.
- Enter your Passcode
- Now go to the settings
- Click on your Kid’s profile name
- Enter your Gmail password to sign in
- Disable allow searching. This is a very important option that will stop your kid from finding a video on YouTube kids
- Enable Approved content. In this way, your kids will be able to see only approved content.
- Don’t forget to Enable pause watch history. In this way, youtube will not recommend videos to your kids