Mobile phones are getting an essential part of our lives. It’s now almost impossible to carry out our everyday tasks without our phones. We all are so addicted to different social platforms and apps. We use our mobile phones to check different updates. It is an important channel to get in touch with our beloved ones and communicate with them. But what if you get lost your mobile phone due to any reason? Of course it will bring tension as you will not be able to stay in contact with anyone. In case, you face this kind of situation, report it immediately. Unfortunately, most of us don’t know how to Report/Block Stolen Mobile Phones in Pakistan.
Here is How to Report/Block Stolen Mobile Phones
Today, in this post we are going to guide our readers that how they should report or block the stolen/misplaced mobile phones via simple steps.
You can report/block your stolen phones by following the simple methods given below.
How to report stolen/snatched or misplaced mobile device?
- To report/block your handset, you can lodge your complaint with PTA in the following ways to get it blocked:
- You can call on the helpline by dialing 0800-25625
- You can send email to PTA at: imei @pta.gov.pk
- You can also visit PTA headquarters or the nearest PTA zonal office.
- You can also contact Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) helplines: 1102, 021-35662222 & 021-35682222 for lodging complaints of your lost handsets.
What to Provide?
- All IMEI’s of stolen /lost mobile phone
- Mobile number (used in stolen/lost phone)
- Date of incident
- CNIC number
- Father’s name/ Mother’s name
- Contact number
How to Check Phone’s Status?
You can check the status of phone after 16 working days of reporting. You can check it in the following ways:
- Send 15 digits IMIEI via SMS to 8484
- Visit website: https://www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- You can also check the device’s status via android application (DVS)
Once blocked, you will be able to see the following message against the stolen IMEI search:
” Your mobile device(IMEI#) is blocked(Reported Stolen/Lost/Misused to PTA)
Note: In order to find out the IMEI of your handset dial *#06#. You can also check the IMEI number in the settings of your phone and it is also printed on the box of the mobile phone.
Recommended Reading: Senate IT Committee Wish to Allow One Duty Free Mobile to Cost Nation Billions