Recently, Punjab Government has launched Women Safety App in collaboration with Punjab safe Cities Authority and Punjab Commission on Status of Women (PSCW). This reason behind development of this App is to eradicate women harassment in public and official places. How to Use Punjab Government’s Women Safety App.
By using this App women can report any harassment or bullying they experience specially at public places. This program is initiated to make women confident in circumstances where they feel uneasy due to defaulters. In this way they will feel free to work by their own.
How to Use Punjab Government’s Women Safety App
Here are the steps to use this App:
- Download App from Google Play store; here is the link to download: Women Safety App
- Open the App. A page will pop up asking for your number. Enter your number and move to next step
- For verification App will ask you to enter four digit code sent on your number. Enter code and move to next step
- Now enter your particular information i.e. name, CNIC and Address. Also specify your gender and submit this form
- Now a window will appear where you can see six icons
Four of these icons will connect the user to the police, traffic police, fire brigade and health services through the phone number 15.
The Fifth connects the user to Rescue-1122 and the sixth icon is titled Women Safety which acts as a street-harassment reporting tool and incorporates several other services available to women.