To make the young generation more valuable human resource Minister of State for Education Muhammad Baligh ur Rehman conducted the advisory committee meeting to review the process of integration of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in teaching and learning processes in schools. The aim behind this meeting is to revive Education Management Information System. The revival will also play active role in promoting research, planning management and sustainable development.
Integration of ICT in Teaching, by Ministry of State For Education
The main objectives discussed in the meeting are given below;
- Enlightening the young generation with modern techniques to prepare them for digital world.
- Integrating ICT in teacher learning programme through MS technologies
- Equipping children with employable IT skills
- Providing a chain of PC laboratories in schools
- Establish teacher training institutes to train them in information and communications technology
- Provide an access to ICT in schools
- Use ICT to strengthen teaching quality
- Use ICT to enhance student learning
- Develop complementary approaches to ICT in education
The minister on this occasion said that primary level schools lack the practical application of computer studies. Without practical implications the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) cannot expand. Therefore Pakistan needs to circulate maximum level of resources in their educational institutions.