To promote the community policing, Lahore Police has launched an Android app. This newly introduced app name is Local Eye-Tahafuz Miljul Kar. This app will allow local bodies’ representatives to contact senior law enforcement officials for multiple purposes. However, to Increase Connection with People, Lahore Police Launches Local Eye App.
Lahore Police Launches Local Eye App to Promote Community Policing
CCPO Amin Wains launched this application during a seminar held at Alhamra Hall on Friday. Other members resent in the seminar were; Lord Mayor Colonel Mubashir, Minister Begum Zakia Shahnawaz, PML-N Lahore President Pervaiz Malik and senior police officers.
“The primary objective of the app is to implement the National Action Plan through the help of local representatives and instill a sense of empowerment among people. It will also ensure free interaction through technology,”
SSP Admin Rana Ayyaz Salim told about this app.
Local Bodies Act 2017 has provided the ideal basis through which the police could interact with elected public representatives of at the ward and grass-roots level,”
However, this app is not available for all. Lahore Police will provide this app to over 3,500 elected representatives. Moreover, this app will provide following five options:
- Contact: With this option, an elected representative can seek time to meet an ASI, SI, SHO, ASP, SP, SSP or any officer with just a single click.
- Complaint: This feature is also integrated with the Crime Management System. SSP Admin will be monitoring action taken over these complaints.
- Musalihat Anjuman: This is an alternate dispute resolution system. Police will move resolution of non-cognizable to Musalihat Anjuman on agreement of both parties.
- Information: With this feature, an elected representative can inform police about any crime. Police will automatically locate the spot through GPS
- Tenants Registration: Police has sought the help of tenants’ registration through elected representatives are aware of activity in their area.