After so many rumors and leaks, Finally, Lenovo Reveals Moto Z2 Play. The Z2 Play is a mid range smartphone with a 5.5-inch display and compatibility with the Moto Mod accessory platform. It will sell for $499 and will be available in market this summer.
Lenovo Reveals Moto Z2 Play with a Bunch of New Moto Mods
The Moto Z2 Play sports a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 platform. This phone will be available in two variants. You can either choose 3 or 4 GB of RAM. It’ll also have either 32 or 64 GB of on-board storage. However, you can also expand its memory up to 2 TB by using microSD.
Z2 Play runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat and has a Night Display feature to reduce blue light emissions in the evening. At back Lenovo included a 12 MP Dual Autofocus Pixel camera, complete with phase-detection, laser autofocus, an f/1.7 aperture, a dual-LED flash, and a 1.4 μm pixel size. The front camera features 5 MP sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4 μm pixel size, and front-facing flash.
Features and Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Processor: 2.2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- ROM: 32/64 GB
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Dual Autofocus Pixel sensor
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Dimensions: 76.2 x 156.2 x 5.99 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Non removable
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity, Ultrasonic
In addition to the Z2 Play, Lenovo revealed four new Mods for its Z line of smartphones:
- JBL SoundBoost 2
- Moto TurboPower Pack
- Moto Style Shells with Wireless Charging
- The Moto GamePad.
The SoundBoost 2, TurboPower Pack, and GamePad will sell for $79.99, while the wireless charging Style Shells will cost $39.99.