Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has developed guidelines for the issuance of “Non Objection Certificate (NoC)” for Local Mobile Phone Assembly Line in Pakistan. The guidelines are prepared under the Telecom Act 1996 (Section 29) which clearly stated that:
“No terminal equipment can be directly or indirectly connected with public switched network unless it has been type approved by PTA.”
The draft has been issued with respect to the establishment of “Local Mobile Phone Assembly Line in Pakistan” mainly for assembly of PTA type approved models.
PTA Issues Guidelines for Local Mobile Phone Assembly Line in Pakistan
The document stated that these guidelines will be applicable for the valid PTA mobile phones type approval holders. PTA has the authority to revise these guidelines with passage of time.
To Read Complete Document Please Visit: PTA
Following are the main ingredients of the document:
Request on the Company Letter Head:
- Company Profile, SECP Registration, Board of Director (BOD) details etc.
- Purpose of use details
- Address of location where assembly line is to be setup
- Details for devices to be assembled
- Certification/ Undertaking from manufacturer that local mobile phone assembly plant being setup by its type approval holder will be in line with best international practices/standards
Detailed Technical Presentation:
- Parts being imported to be used to assemble assembly line, Packing line & details of materials to be used
- Technical Literature explaining use for each assembly line part
- Commercial Invoice copy
- Airway Bill Copy
Undertaking by the CEO/ BOD:
- Applicant/Company will apply for type approval for each model in line with type approval regulations and only assemble the type approved model(s)
- Applicant/Company will abide by all rule/ regulation and pay all applicable taxes and duties as defined from time to time as part of local assembly
- Applicant/Company will obtain NOC/Permissions for each consignment of parts imported for assembly of type approved mobile phone model
- All devices assembled in Pakistan will have clear marking stating “Assembled in Pakistan” on the finished product
- Applicant/Company will register all assembled mobile phone along with IMEI and obtain NOC/Permissions by submitting all documentation along with IMEI details at [email protected] any other authority prescribed mechanism prior to commercial sale/marketing
- Applicant/Company will provide a sample of finished product from each assembled batch to PTA for inspection. The sample will be returned to applicant upon inspection.
A Provisional NOC for period of “6 months” will be issued, applicant will intimate PTA about setup of assembly plant for inspection. The rest of details regarding provisional NOC are explained in the Document.