Monthly Report: Mobile Broadband Subscription Reached 18 Million
PTA’s latest report shows that the Pakistan’s total broadband subscribers have increased by 14.4%. Statistics for increase in Sep-15 are under observation according to the PTA’s analysis.
- The number of cellular subscriber increased 1.6% from 118.9 Million to 120.9 Million.
- The number of 3G & 4G mobile subscribers reached 18 million, and this increase in subscriber is due to the use of portable mobile broadband devices like MiFi’s, Wingles according to the telecom experts.
- The number of broadband connections increased 12 % to 21.1 million from 18.9 million, and this increase in connection is also due to the rollout improved network architecture providing higher data rates for high speed mobile terminals over, 3G & 4G, DSL and other networks.
- The mobile broadband subscription increased by 14.4 % to 18 million subscribers in Sep 2015; this also shows sign of recovery.
- The cellular Teledensity decreased from 79.8% in June 2014 to 63.3 %.In Sep 2015, though, with the Bio Metric verification we can observe an increase of 1.28% from Aug-15 to Sep-15 as updated.
Here is the chart of four (4) Pakistani 3G UMTS Operators.
PTA 5 operator Stats and Market Shares:
According to the PTA’s statistics, here are the details for 5 Pakistani 3G/4G operators. Namely Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink, Warid and Zong by Sep 2015.
- Mobilink: With 34.6 million at the end of August Mobilink surpassed by 1.49 % and reached at 35.1 million at the end of Sep.
- Telenor: With 32.7 million at the end of August Telenor surpassed by 1.35 % and reached at 33.1 million at the end of Sep.
- Zong: With 23 million at the end of August, Zong increased by 1.8 % and reached at 23.5 million at the end of Sep.
- Ufone: With 18.2 million at the end of August, Ufone increased by 2.48 % and reached at 18.7 million at the end of Sep.
- Warid: With 10.1 million at the end of August, Warid increased 1.59 % and reached at 10.3 million at the end of Sep.