The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ordered NADRA, ECP and other stakeholders to ensure that the overseas Pakistanis can cast their votes in the upcoming by-polls which are going to held on October 25. The basic aim behind the online voting system for overseas Pakistanis is their empowerment so that they can take part in choosing the next leaders of their home country.
Online Voting System For Overseas Pakistanis Will grant them Voting Rights
The upcoming by-polls will be held in 25 constituencies in Pakistan on October 25. For this purpose, NADRA is being ordered to ready the i-voting platform. This platform will ensure that overseas Pakistanis can have their say in the upcoming by-polls expected to be held on October 25th.
The online voting website will allow overseas Pakistanis to register themselves as online voters. Moreover, 7 million Pakistanis will have the facility to vote through the i-voting platform. Chief Justice Saqib Nisar headed a bench of three members a few days back. He ordered that the voting system for overseas Pakistanis should be set up at the earliest in order to avoid any mishaps.
Here are the steps to Register Yourself for Online Voting
Once the website is made, you will have to follow the following steps.
- Visit the website www.overseasvoting.gov.pk
- Make your account using your email or phone number.
- Login to the website using this account.
- Click on the option “Register”.
- Fill all the required information including CNIC number, Full name, Date of Issue(NiCOP), Passport Number, Passport tracking number.
- Answer the asked questions in order to verify.
- After successful Verification, the system will send a notification of your enrollment at your provided email address.
- You will receive a Voter pass on your email before by-polls.
- At the time of elections, select the option of “Vote Now” after logging in.
- Using the Voter pass, you will have to cast your votes within given time period.
After all these steps, ECP will provide the report of the voting system. Returning Officer will be able to see the reports provided by ECP and they will do further processing. We can hope that the upcoming system will not face any failure like the RTS system at the time of elections.