Nokia enters into the Cloud with Disruptive Cloud Infrastructure Solution. On its 150th anniversary Nokia launched Disruptive Airframe product and claims to be the first one to launch a product that combines the benefits of cloud computing technologies with the stringent requirements of the core and radio in the telecom world.
Marc Rouanne, Executive Vice President, Mobile Broadband, Nokia Networks, said: [pull_quote_center]“Nokia Networks is changing the game in telco cloud. We are taking on the IT-telco convergence with a new solution to challenge the traditional IT approach of the data center. From the beginning, Nokia Networks has been a forerunner in telco cloud innovation”.[/pull_quote_center]
Telecom operators’ faces strict latency requirements and an extremely high demand for processing power. But Nokia’s AirFrame is the first to direct such problems faced by the telecom operators which efficiently combines the telco and IT domains in one single solution’, utilising high performance Intel technology.
The AirFrame solution consists of two main elements:
Cloud Servers and Switches: These are pre-combined frames with ultra-dense servers, high performance switches and software defined storage.
Data Center Services: It a suite of professional services geared toward implementing, monitoring and operating telecom cloud data centers.
Details of AirFrame:
- Offers significant efficiency gains when running data-demanding telco applications like mobile network Virtual Network Functions (VNFs)
• Fully compliant with IT standards and able to run the most common IT cloud applications in parallel to telco cloud
• Enables operators to implement not only their NFV strategy, but also expand into new business models, such as renting data centre capacity for customers’ IT applications
• Implements the most advanced telco cloud security practices, which have been tested and approved at the Nokia Security Centre in Berlin
• Adheres to Nokia Networks’ open standards approach as well as complies with ETSI NFV, ensuring the success of telco cloud deployments
• Ready for 5G, with an advanced cloud management solution to handle the telco cloud architecture (centralised/distributed), including security orchestration, which automates and manages the lifecycle of security policies and security functions
• Ready to support several Nokia VNFs, including OSS/CEM and the company’s recently announced radio cloud architecture.