The long awaited online passport renewal service has been introduced. It has been launched by the interior ministry of Pakistan to permit Pakistanis renew their passports online. Few month back Online Passport Renewal was introduced for Pakistanis living abroad. Now Pakistanis can Apply for Passport Renewal Online with the e-Services Portal.
Now Pakistanis can Apply for Passport Renewal Online
The portal, which started its services today, can be used to apply for renewal of Machine Readable Passports. E-service portal can be used to Apply for renewal of Machine readable Passport, if your passport has expired OR its validity is less than 7 months.
When processed the passports will be sent to the location given by the applicant within 10 days for a normal passport. An urgent renewal is processed in four days. According to website, the online application procedure will take about 16.5 minutes.
Online Passport Renewal Requirements:
To apply for Passport Renewal Online one should have the following ready:
- Supporting documents
- Photograph up to 5MB captured as explained in the Photograph Tutorial.
- Fingerprint form , filled as explained in the Fingerprint Tutorial.
- Valid Credit Card/Debit Card for online payment of your application fee.
How to Apply for Online Application for Passport Renewal:
To Apply for Passport renewal online follow these steps:
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Register your account : In case you are within Pakistan, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- In case you are abroad all required codes will be sent via email only.
- Create an application for Renewal of your machine readable passport and provide details for your application.
- Provide your address for machine readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.Users who are registered in Pak–identity system already can log in from their registered Pak-identity “Username” and “Password”. The home delivery option of online Passport is only available for limited cities of Pakistan.
How long the Passport renewal Online Process will take?
The estimated time for Online Application Process is 16.5 minutes. Following are the details:
|Estimated Completion Time|
|1.||Register user||2 min|
|2.||Select application category||1 min|
|3.||Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Pay fee||2 min|
|5.||Provide personal information||1 min|
|6.||Provide Address details||2 min|
|7.||Upload photograph||1 min|
|8.||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|10.||Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||16.5 min|