The Pakistan Telecom Authority (PTA) announced on Thursday that Number of Mobile Subscribers in Pakistan reaches 150.3 Million. PTA chairman Muhammad Naveed had delivered directions for the preparation of the report which highlights the authority’s performance over the years.
According to the report, Number of Mobile Subscribers in Pakistan rose by 10.5 million during the first quarter of 2018. The given reports are like this.
- 2011-2012: The number of cellular subscribers reached 120.2 million
- 2012-2013: The Figures further rose to 127.7 million
- 2013-2014: Subscribers hit the 140 million mark
- 2014-2015: Due to the introduction of biometric verification, the number of subscribers dropped to 114.7 million
- 2015-2016: The trend saw an increase in subscribers climbing to 133.2 million
- 2016-2017: The number of subscribers continued to increase, reaching 139.8 million
- 2017-May 2018: As on May 2018, there were 150.3 million cellular service subscribers in Pakistan
The report further shows that as on May 2018, there were 55.5 million mobile broadband/internet subscribers and 57.74 million broadband subscribers in Pakistan. On an average, the number of mobile internet subscriptions stood at 976,600 per month compared to mobile subscriptions at 703,617 per month in the past 10 months, according to PTA.