Social Media has completely took over the conventional modes of communication, marketing, news/awareness etc. Now people don’t need to wait or sit in front on TVs to watch news rather everything appears quickly on social media. Similarly, in Pakistan the social media has played an important role in shaping society’s attitude towards political discussions etc. The latest stats of social media indicates similar results. Just as previous year, 2016 remain a good year as far as the social media stats are concerned. Pakistan Social Media Users Crossed 44 million in 2016-2017.
Pakistan Social Media Users Crossed 44 million in 2016-2017
Here are the complete list of social media stats of Pakistan:
- Snapchat: 0.4 million users in Pakistan, according to stats as of January 1, 2017
- LINE Messenger: 7.1 million users in Pakistan, as per stats of October, 15, 2016
- Twitter: 3.1 million users across Pakistan, Statistics as of Jul-Aug, 2016
- Facebook: 30 million users across Pakistan, according to stats provided by PTA as on November 15, 2016
- Instagram: 3.9 million active users across Pakistan (Source: Business Manager Dashboard)
Whereas, Whatsapp and Youtube have just released its global stats. Its stats of Pakistan are not separately available.
Usually, political issue are mostly discussed on Pakistani social media. e-Commerce on social media has also grabbed the attention of many users in Pakistan.
These numbers clearly indicates that one of the reason behind increased stats is the growing 3G/4G penetration level in Pakistan. As presently, Pakistan has around 37 million mobile broadband (MBB) subscribers.