Telecom infrastructure in Pakistan is improving dramatically with foreign and domestic investments into fixed-line and mobile networks. While technology is also a growing field in Pakistan and has played vital role in the development of the economy. Pakistan’s Big ICT Achievements of 2017.
Year 2017 went best for technology and telecom sector. These sectors have shown positive growth in this year. The revenues generated from telecom sector showed growth in the full financial year compared with the last year. According to statistics released by State Bank of Pakistan, the telecom sector received an FDI of $92.5 million between July and August in this year.
Pakistan’s Big ICT Achievements of 2017
Overall, Pakistan’s telecom and technology sector did pretty well in 2017. Government of Pakistan also put efforts for the growth of these sectors. And we have seen drastic changes and improvements with dramatic expansions.
Technology and Telecom highlights in 2017:
- Pakistan has started the preparations to test 5G cellular connectivity and it is expected to be launch this 5G technology by 2020
- IT Parks has been introduced for the first time by Government in collaboration with CPEC
- MOST has established IT industrial park in Sindh
- MoITT Placed in Top Five Nominations for ‘Equals in Tech 2017’ Awards
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization gave 5 awards to Pakistani innovators in the field of clean technologies.
- FBR devised a new system to conduct Audit of Telecom Operator
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle has introduced by Punjab Government for farmers to use Drone Technology in Pakistan for Good Yield
- Introduction of National Incubation Centre in Pakistan for the first time
- Daraz breaks all records with PKR. 3 million in big Friday sale
- PhoneWorld Team Presented ‘CEO of the Year 2016-17’ Excellence Award to Aamir Ibrahim
- 3G/4G Subscribers in Pakistan Crossed 47 Million
- Pakistan’s IT exports have reached very high for the outgoing financial year of 2016-2017 generating receipts of nearly $1 billion
- Pakistan’s IT exports have grown to an estimated $2.9 billion
- Armeena khan Became the Digital Brand Ambassador for Emerging Pakistan Initiative
- MoITT Drafts ‘Pakistan Telecommunication Competition Rules 2017’ to Ensure Fair Competition in Telecom sector
- Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has launched DRIBS, initiative to restrain smuggling and theft of mobile-devices, by blocking illegal handsets.
- Telenor has Inaugurated new office
- KPITB Launched E-Ilaj-An Online Health Care Facility
- Ignite Approved “DigiSkills” Initiative to Train 1 M Freelancers in Pakistan
- Wi-Tribe has launched 4.5G service in Pakistan
- Pakistan Ranked 9th Globally for its Booming Digital Economy
- PITB Launched Prison Management Information System at District Jail
- Micropower Labs from Telenor Pakistan’s Velocity’s Pakistan has won Telenor Group’s annual Digital Winners competition
- VEON launched messaging App
- Cricingif wins 2017 APICTA Start-up gold medal
- Chairman of PTA Dr. Ismail Shah’s end of tenure
- MoIT Released Digital Pakistan Policy 2017
- MoIT Introduced Work from Home Policy for Female Employees
We are looking forward and expect that there will be more innovations in Telecom and Technology sector.