The long awaited online passport renewal service has been introduced. It has been launched by the interior ministry of Pakistan to permit Pakistanis living abroad renew their passports online. Now Overseas Pakistanis Can Apply for Passport Renewal Online with the e-Services Portal.
Now Overseas Pakistanis Can Apply for Passport Renewal Online
The portal, which started its services last week, can be used to apply for renewal of Machine Readable Passports. According to the information on the website, the online application procedure will take about 16.5 minutes.
When processed the passports will be sent to the location given by the applicant within 10 days for a normal passport. An urgent renewal is processed in four days.
Moreover, Acting Consul General of Pakistan, Rana Samar Javed, told Khaleej Times that,
“UAE-based Pakistanis can avail this 24-hour service as of now.”
The e-Services Portal is associated to the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports for online service for Pakistani residents around the world.
“People will have to visit the consulate in cases where they are applying for a new passport such as for a newborn, since there are no previous records.”
Following is the procedure for renewal of Passport online:
Requisites for Renewal of Passport:
Have the following things ready before applying:
- Supporting documents.
- Photograph up to 5MB captured as explained in the Photograph Tutorial.
- Fingerprint form, filled as shown in the Fingerprint Tutorial.
- Valid Credit Card/Debit Card for online payment of your application fee.
How to Apply:
The procedure to apply is really easy following are the steps:
- Click on the Get Started
- Register your account : Just in case you are within Pakistan, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- In case you are abroad all compulsory codes will be sent via email.
- Make an application for Renewal of your machine readable passport and give particulars for your application.
- Provide your address for machine readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee via Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide the required personal particulars.
- Provide your current and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, take the 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Analyze the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.
At present the home delivery service is available for limited number of countries only.
How long will the Online Application Process take:
The estimated time for Online Application Process is 16.5 minutes. Following are the details:
|Estimated Completion Time|
|1.||Register user||2 min|
|2.||Select application category||1 min|
|3.||Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Pay fee||2 min|
|5.||Provide personal information||1 min|
|6.||Provide Address details||2 min|
|7.||Upload photograph||1 min|
|8.||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|10.||Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||16.5 min|
For more details please visit: DGIP