The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has taken one more step ahead to the DTH auction. As now PEMRA shortlists 12 Companies for DTH Licenses. Further, These companies will participate in the DTH service licenses on November 23rd.
DTH Auction Updates: PEMRA shortlists 12 Companies for DTH Licenses
The 12 shortlisted companies are:
- Orient Electronics Pvt Ltd, Lahore
- Mag Entertainment Pvt Ltd, Lahore
- Skyflix (Pvt), Ltd, Islamabad
- Startimes Communications Pvt Ltd, Islamabad
- Sardar Builders Pvt Ltd, Islamabad
- Smart Sky Pvt Ltd, Islamabad
- Parus Media & Broadcast Pvt Ltd, Islamabad
- Naya Tel (Pvt) Ltd, Islamabad
- Mastro Media Distribution (Pvt) Ltd, Islamabad
- Shahzad Sky (Pvt) Ltd Islamabad
- HB DTH Pvt Ltd Islamabad
- IQ Communication Pvt Ltd Karachi.
Also Read: PTA Formulates Spectrum Framework
PEMRA Chairman Absar Alam said;
The three licences would be auctioned in open bidding. The operation against use of illegal Indian DTH would continue till it was eliminated.
Despite protests by cable operators opposing the ban, use of Indian DTH at a time when the Indian army was violating the ceasefire agreement and killing innocent Kashmiris was out of the question. Pakistani DTH would not only promote national culture but would also benefit the nation economically.
According to him, DTH auction licences will held through open competitive bidding. PEMRA has also made another announcement that FM radio licence will be issued to the National Press Club Trust.