Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) has introduced an online system that will provide the convenience of online driving licence issuance. PITB Introduces Driving License Issuance and Management System (DLIMS). With this system, people don’t need to wait in a long queue. They can just get the new licence or renew their licence in just a click now.
PITB Introduces Driving License Issuance and Management System
With this system, people can get new or renew their licence. Moreover, if you don’t know what documents to carry, you can get all details about it on DLIMS official website. However, if you want to apply for a new driving license, here are some simple steps.
How to Apply for a Driving License
Here are a few steps to ensure a seamless process of obtaining a new regular license
- Log into the DLIMS website
- Go to the downloads tab to get the relevant form
- Then Go to the Licensing Centre option and choose the closest location to you
- Submit all of your required documents to get a license
- Appear before licensing authority in person, after 42 days of learning period
- Pass the theoretical test
- Pass a driving test
Documents Required for Driving License
For Learner’s License
- A copy of your CNIC
- A Rs.60 ticket from any Post Office.
- Medical Certificate (for the candidates of 50 years or more)
- Receive Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation from Traffic Police Office
For Permanent License
- Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Application Form (A) within FileCover
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport Sized Photograph (Attested)
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document
For Renewal of a Driving License
- A copy of CNIC
- Required Application Form E within FileCover
- 2 Passport Sized Photograph
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- A Ticket of relevant License
Moreover, the system is not yet completely digitized. Because, an applicant has to visit a licensing authority’s office to apply for a license and submit the hard copy of all of the required documents.