Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) introduces “Speed Test Application” that can help the users to check their internet speed of 2G/3G/4G and WiFi. This initiative has made PTA as the first regulator in the world that has successfully introduced such an application in which user can itself check the internet speed of the cellular network he/she is using.
PTA Becomes First Regulator to Introduce Speed Test Application
Features of Speed Test Application:
- It can accurately calculate internet download and upload speed (both 3G/4G and WiFi speed).
- It can also give users quick confirmation of the max speed they can achieve from their respective operators.
- Users can use this app to ensure if they are connected to the internet.
- The application logs the network preference mode and the operator of the user which can educate the users to understand and differentiate among other operators.
- Having any speed related issue, users can give their feedback which will help the operators to understand their governed issues.
- The Lat/Long logged can assist to identify the strong and weak spots for the operators and developers.
Check your Internet Speed by Downloading Speed Test App
Steps to Check your Internet Speed:
- Download Speed Test App from Play Store
2. Make sure your GPS is enabled.
3. Click on Start Test Button.
4. Your internet speed test will start.
5. The App will first calculate PING, Download and Upload speed respectively.
6. The final calculated values of PING, Download and Upload will be be displayed in the upper box and should be considered your internet speed.
6. The App will also help user to view test history in Logs Tab.
Logs Tab displays following columns:
- Time of test
- Download speed
- Upload speed
- Type of network
- Latitude & Longitude
- User can also export Logs in CSV format by clicking on CSV in the upper left corner. CSV will be saved in the default storage.
- User can also delete Log history by clicking on the delete button.
Only Limitation of Speed Test App:
The App has single testing server unlike Ookla which has many local servers.