PTA Invites Proposals to Re-design & Develop its Website & Mobile App Content for special people and general public. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority intends to award a contract for the “Re- designing and development of Mobile responsive versions of PTA Official Website, both in English & Urdu; and also the Mobile App and Web Accessibility Standards for disabled/special people for the PTA Website. For this purpose, a detailed document has been uploaded on the PTA website.
The document can be accessed from: PTA
PTA Invites Proposals to Re-design & Develop its Website & Mobile App Content
The advertisement of the proposal invitation appeared in the newspapers dated 21th March, 2017:
The fundamental objectives of the re-designing and development of the website are:
- To provide a highly user friendly interface for public information and e- services for the consumers
- To ensure Website Security for unauthorized access
- Website to have English, Urdu, Mobile Versions
- Mobile App to be developed to facilitate the mobile users
- To upgrade the technology platform
- To enhance the functionalities of backend Content Management System
- To improve the information security controls
- To have penetration testing and Audit
- Processes for Monitoring of the Website
- Web Accessibility Standards for disabled/special people
This is indeed a great step as the disabled.special people will now be able to access the official website. They will also participate in the future projects announced by the PTA.
It is worth mentioning here that PTA, before this, has introduced effective initiatives for special people for example the “Mobile App Awards for Special People” of Pakistan.