PTA Launches Unique Quality of Experience Application for Consumers
Chairman PTA, Dr. Syed Ismail Shah, announced that PTA will soon launch an application to measure Quality of the Mobile and Wifi Data throughput by consumers themselves. He informed the participants about the Quality of Experience (QoE) App at “3rd National Workshop on Telecom Reporting” that was organized for the capacity building of media persons covering telecommunications sector, yesterday at PTA Auditorium, F-5/1, Islamabad. He said that now PTA is more concerned about consumer experience rather than only in “Quality of Services”. PTA speed test application is first of its kind by any regulator in the world helps users to check their internet speed and log their experience of their service provider. The content ” PTA Launches Unique Quality of Experience Application for Consumers ” will guide you through out with the features and uses of the PTA Speed Test Application.
Some features of PTA Speed Test Application are:
- It will give user quick confirmation of the max speed they can achieve from their respective operators.
- Users can use this application to ensure if they are connected to the internet.
- The application can log and compare the performance of different operators to choose its preferred service provider.
- Having any QoE related issue, users can give their feedback which will help the operators to understand their issues.
- The application can also assist to identify the strong and weak spots for the consumer and operators.
The Application has been developed by PTA in collaboration with an Islamabad based mobile Application Incubation forum Appnex supported by Central Asian Cellular Forum that is also working on M-Education and M-Government Programs.
[quote_box_center]Also watch “PTA to Organize Pakistan Mobile App Award Winners Ceremony on 27th April 2015“.[/quote_box_center]