PTA Mobile registration is on the bloom in Pakistan nowadays in order to block the counterfeit device in Pakistan. I hope by now everyone knows about getting your phones registered by PTA. However, if you are unsure whether your smartphone is compliant with PTA or not, don’t worry this easy and updated guide will let you know four ways to verify your mobile phone with PTA.
Verify Your Mobile Phone with PTA- 3 Easy ways
There are four basic ways to get your phone registered with DIRBS, however, the first thing that you need to know is your mobile IMEI number.
For those of you who do not know the IMEI number, please read our article on it:
The 4 distinct ways for PTA IMEI registration. They are as follows:
If you know your IMEI, send it to the following number: 8484 via SMS. You will get one of these replies:
- Your mobile device IMEI is compliant (PTA Approved)
- Your device IMEI is non-compliant.
- Device IMEI was observed non-compliant as of 15th January 2019. IMEI has been paired with your mobile number and device will remain operational.
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
8484 SMS Responses Explained: 4 Responses That you May Get
2) PTA’S website:
The Second way to register your mobile is through the PTA website. Visit the PTA website mentioned below, and follow the instructions provided there, your phone will be registered in no time.
3) Mobile Phone App:
Download the DIRBS App, and follow the instructions to verify and get your phone registered.
Next Step: Registration (If Required)
In order to facilitate consumers wanting to register their mobile devices’ IMEI, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) through Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOs) has made mobile registration service available at CMOs’ franchises nationwide. They’ll help you verify the status of your phone as well as guide you further onto the registration of it, if applicable.
List of all franchises & customer service centers is available at https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/facilitation-center.
PTA has introduced Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) in order to identify and block the smuggled and unregistered mobile phones.
You might also be interested in PTA Tax Calculator. Click here to calculate the tax on your mobile phone.
We’ve written comprehensive guides on DIRBS, to answer all your questions and clear your doubts:
- Now People will be able to Register Phones with PTA USSD System
- How to Register Mobile Phone Online & Free of Cost with PTA
- How to Register your Mobile Phone with PTA Online?
- How to Verify the Status of Your Mobile Phone’s IMEI via SMS or APP?
- How to Bring Phone in Pakistan without Paying Tax?
- Overseas Pakistanis Can Bring only One Phone Free of Duty in a Year
- How to Check for an Invalid IMEI When Buying a Used Phone?
- How to Save Your Phone From PTA Blockage?!