e-khidmat Center is one of the most appreciated project launched by Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB). The concept of e-Khidmat Center or Citizen Facilitation Center is to provide collective services for the ease of public in the province.
Punjab’s Citizen Facilitation Center “e-Khidmat” Easing Lives to Greater Extent
PITB is trying its best to ensure easy access to basic public services in most cost-effective way.
The services includes issuance of:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Token Tax Collection
- Vehicle Transfer of Ownership
- Learners Driving License
- Traffic Fine Collection
- Domicile Certificate
- Issuance of CNIC
- NADRA E-Sahulat
- Route Permit
The PITB aims to bring modernity and transparency in their system through the e-Khidmat center. Broad list of benefits are given on the official website of Government of Punjab to make this project more organized.
Benefits of e-Khidmat Center:
- Extending access to un-served groups.
- Introducing transparency, efficiency and accountability.
- Simplifying transaction procedures.
- Minimizing costs to citizens.
- Minimizing cost to government (internal efficiency).
- Increasing government revenue.
- Increased public satisfaction index.
- Improving the transaction time for citizens and government.
- Offering innovative services.
- Modernization / adoption of best practices.
The impact of the e-Khidmat center has a very positive sign on the users as well as the developers. Punjab Information Technology Board Chairman Umer Saif has been praised many times for promoting information technology. The citizen application process flow is easily explaining the work process with the help of the given flowchart.
The federal government and other provincial government are surely looking forward to adapt this modernization in their IT departments.