How to Re-Verify Your SIM through Biometric Verification System
For the safety, security and the well-being of the country, government has asked all the mobile operators in Pakistan to re-verify SIMs through biometric verification system.
- Step 1: Send your CNIC number (without any space or dash) to 668 to check count of numbers that have been registered against your CNIC (free of cost) or visit www.cnic.sims.pk//
- Step 2: Send a blank text to 667 (free of cost) for details regarding the Name & CNIC against which your current SIM is registered.
- Step 3: Visit your nearest service retailer, franchise or help center
- Step 4: Provide your number, CNIC and thumb impression
- step 5: Upon successful verification, customers will receive other numbers register on their names
- Step 6: Customer will reply with “Y” to verify each MSISDN
- Step 7: If not done properly, all non BVS numbers will be de-activated on the 27th of February, 2015
- Step 7: Charges of Rs. 10/ CNIC will be charged for re-verification, as per PTA regulations.
In case Biometric Verification is unsuccessful because of Thumb impression mismatch, Customer will be required to visit NADRA center for correction of thumb impressions.
All numbers that are not verified until 26th Feb 2015 through Biometric will be blocked as per PTA instructions.