The telecommunication industry in Pakistan is going through major transformations as things are getting better day by day. The biometric verification was one of the difficult step in which operators have lost their subscriber base due to unregistered SIMs etc but it was necessary step for national security. Again we can say that the situation is improving as the states on PTA site clearly shows that Pakistan’s total broadband subscribers have increased.
Report: Operators Witness Growth in Broadband Subscribers Due to the Rollout of 3G/4G Networks
According to PTA’s telecom indicators:
- The number of broadband connections increased 7% to 18 million compared to 16.9 million in the month of July, and this increase in connection is due to the rollout of high data rates and high speed mobile internet, 3G & 4G networks.
- The number of 3G & 4G subscribers reached 14.6 million in the month of July, constituting 81% of the country’s total broadband subscriber base, according to the report given by PTA.
- The cellular mobile operators’ (COMs) overall user base, which decreased by 18 % to 114.7 million subscribers in 2015 amid the biometric verification drive, also shows sign of recovery.
- The number f cellular subscriber increased 1.5% to 116.4 million at the end of July.
- The cellular Teledensity decreased from 76.5% in 2014 to 61% due to the cleaning in data.
Here is the chart for 4 Pakistan 3G operator’s, Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink and China mobile Pakistan Zong.
- Mobilink: With 34 million Subscribers at the top at the end of July followed by Telenor..
- Telenor: With 32.5 million users at the Second in the list.
- Zong: With 22 million Subscribers at the Third in the list.
- Ufone: With 18 million users at the forth in List.