South Korean giant, Samsung has officially unveiled a new smartphone in China. We were expecting Galaxy S8 Mini or Galaxy S8 Lite according to the previous rumors, but the company is calling it Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury model.
The Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury maintains the same design of Galaxy S8 smartphone including a Bixby button and a fingerprint scanner. The device is available in both Black and Burgundy Red options.
Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury Comes with Face Unlock, and an iris scanner
The key feature of Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury, which is spotted on the company’s China site, is that is comes with a display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio. While the device is not packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, it comes with the Snapdragon 660.
This flagship device Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury comes with water resistance Samsung Pay, wireless charging, Face Unlock, and an iris scanner. It runs Android Oreo.
Some Other Specs of Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury:
- 5.8-inch full-HD+ (1080×2220 pixels) Infinity Display
- A quad-core processor clocked up to 2.2GHz
- Paired with 4GB of RAM
- Rear camera with a 16-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture and autofocus. The rear camera is able to capture videos at (UHD 4K).
- An 8-megapixel sensor at the front
- Equipped with 64GB inbuilt storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 400GB) in a hybrid dual-SIM configuration.
- Connectivity options in the smartphone include 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth v5.0, and USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack
- Sensors onboard include Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic Sensor, Iris Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Barometer, Proximity sensor, and more
- 3000mAh battery.