As we all know that Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system was released four months ago, but Samsung has been very slow in delivering this update to their users. The moment has finally arrived and the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are being upgraded to Verizon users worldwide. The update also brings the Google’s April security patch, and becomes the first devices to receive the latest updated patch.
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge to Receive Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has covered many areas around the globe. It involves countries such as Korea, Afghanistan, Austria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Germany, India, Iraq, Italy, Macedonia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, the United Kingdom etc. The users from North America are also enjoying the latest update. In Canada, the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is going to update today in Galaxy S6 Edge. On April 18th, the Galaxy S6 and S6 will be upgraded.
Difference between Android 6.0.1 and Android 6.0:
Android 6.0.1 is different than the Android 6.0 version. There are some notable changes Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge users will observe.
- Additional quick settings toggle for Private Mode in the status bar.
- New emoji characters (Android 6.0.1 brought more than 200 to Nexus users).
- Improved visibility of notification panel icons.
- When a fingerprint isn’t recognized, you will only get vibration feedback.
- A new ‘Install overnight’ option that will let you install an update at night between the hours of 2 to 5 AM.
- Changes to the Galaxy S6 Edge panel.
With this upgrading, Samsung Galaxy users will be able to enjoy all the perks given with the android latest version Marshmallow.