Dear readers! isn’t it so interesting that now you can use your smartphones as lifesavers? Yes, smartphones can not only be used as a communication medium or for taking photos, scanning the news, and sending messages. They can also save your life if you set up emergency location sharing on Android & iOS.
Set Up Emergency Location Sharing on Android & iOS in Pakistan
You can share your location with your friend, family member, or other trusted contact in an emergency on both Android and iOS. They have easy-to-use systems for sharing your location. Furthermore, You can even create connections that let you check up on your pals to see if their phone has detected movement lately and then request an automated location update if you can’t reach them.
Easy Steps for iOS:
In case you are using iOS, then Apple is offering a built-in Emergency SOS system that is providing you an easy way to call 911 or 15 in Pakistan and then alert a group of emergency contacts selected by you.
To start all this you have to feed the emergency contacts in your phone.
- Open the Health app.
- Tap the “Medical ID” tab.
- Tap “Edit.” (In case you don’t have a medical ID, then you will need to create it first.)
- Now find the “Add emergency contact” option, and add the people
If you are using iPhone 8 or later and you are in an emergency situation then follow the below steps:
- You need to press and hold the power button along with either volume button. Now, you will be able to see an “Emergency SOS” countdown on your screen.
- Keep holding both buttons until the countdown ends.
- Your iPhone will automatically call 911, the phone will send a message to your emergency contacts with your current location, as soon as the call disconnects.
However, In case your owning an iPhone 7 or earlier, you need to press the power button five times fast, then drag your finger across the Emergency SOS slider that appears on the screen to start that same process.
Easy Steps for Android:
Android is offering emergency services information about a predefined emergency contact from the lock screen. However the setup could differ depending on the smartphone you are using and which version of Android it runs, but the basics are same.
- Go to your phone’s lock screen.
- You will see the word “Emergency” at the bottom of the lock screen. Tap on that.
- Now tap on “Emergency information” and then on the pencil symbol (depends on your phone, on “Add”). You will be requested to enter your PIN or lock pattern.
- This will take you to the Emergency information screen where you can add personal information and emergency contacts.